" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Pulled Away

First off let me apologize for not being here for the last month.

Life has become quite busy and hectic around here lately. You know how it is. Especially with the holidays approaching...
So listening to my own advice from my earlier post I have hauled out my slow cooker.

I can toss everything in there and not touch it till dinner time.

This recipe is so easy. If you don't want to make your own sauce as I have done here, you can just use a store bought bottled variety.
Buy a cheaper cut of pork such as a blade or shoulder. They are easier to pull apart and very economical.



Pulled Barbecue Pork
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup of bold mustard
  • 1/2 a can of tomato paste
  • 1 tbsp of onion powder or 1/4 cup of minced onion
  • 1/4 cup of molasses
  • 1 cup of apple juice
  • 1- 3 to 4 pound pork shoulder roast
In a bowl combine the first 9 ingredients.
Mix well.

Place the pork roast in slow cooker and pour sauce over top.

Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

Remove and place on a platter.
With two forks pull the meat apart into shreds.

Serve on crusty buns with sauce on the side. (Skim fat from the sauce first)


Wine Suggestion: White Zinfandel




Cheers!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter