" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Best of Both Worlds

My herb garden is blooming with an abundance of Italian herbs that I love to put in pasta sauce.

I am missing a good pasta dinner but the heavy comfort foods of winter just don't have the same appeal when the temperature outside is soaring, so I created this dish that combines outdoor grilling, my new herbs and pasta.
Eliminating the heavy tomato or cream sauce and just using olive oil keeps it light.
Boneless chicken thighs are very a economical cut and work well in pasta dishes.
Later in the summer you can use cherry or grape tomatoes but for now I just used Ontario hot house tomatoes diced up.
This could also be served as a cold pasta salad for a lunch or picnic buffet.
This is a dish that goes together quickly and will get you out of the kitchen and onto the patio pronto.

Pasta in summer, I love it!



Grilled Chicken Pasta Toss

  • 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • lemon pepper
  • 1/2 a package of farfalle (bow tie) pasta or pasta of choice
  • 2 tbsp of minced fresh oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary
  • 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of tomatoes diced
  • 1/4 cup of sliced roasted red pepper
  • fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat grill.
Sprinkle chicken thighs with lemon pepper and place on grill spread out flat.
Grill until no longer pink in the center.
Meanwhile boil pasta according to package directions.
Slice chicken into strips. Drain pasta and add remaining ingredients including chicken.
Toss together and serve.

Wine Suggestion: Pinot Grigio

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter