" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Copy Cat


Have you ever wished you could re-create a popular secret restaurant recipe at home like the KFC fried chicken or Swiss Chalet Quarter Chicken dinner?

I have done a little experimenting and have come up with a sauce that tastes pretty close to Swiss Chalet Dipping Sauce. I used a mixture of barbecue sauce, chicken broth and cinnamon.

I basted the chicken with 1/4 cup of the sauce and and reserved the rest for serving along side.
My family thought it tasted the same as the restaurant version.
Serve with crispy fries, coleslaw and warm rolls.

I will let you know when I master the KFC batter recipe!


"Swiss Chalet" Style Chicken

  • 1 package of chicken breasts or quarters
  • 2 tsp each of chicken bouillon concentrate, cinnamon and Italian seasoning mix
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup of plain barbecue sauce
Preheat oven to 400F
In a small saucepan combine all ingredients except the chicken.
Bring to a low boil and whisk until slightly thickened. Set 1/4 cup aside.
Place chicken in a greased baking dish.
Bake in the oven until it begins to brown then brush chicken with reserved /4 cup of sauce and continue to cook until done.
Serve with remaining sauce along side.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter