" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Apple of your Eye

Finally, as promised, here is the Apple Crisp recipe.

I have to admit though, we have been to busy to go apple picking, so I used store bought apples that I had in the fridge.
You can peel the apples if you like. I don't bother as it is a healthier option to leave the skins on.
Apple Crisp is a great alternative to the labour intensive apple pie. No pie crusts to roll out and shape!
Sometimes simple is better.



Ultimate Apple Crisp

  • 4 large apples of your choice sliced
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup of butter softened
  • 1 tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp allspice
  • 4 tbsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375F
Place sliced apples in a greased 8x8 pan.
In a bowl combine all other ingredients except the maple syrup
Mix until crumbly. (I find it easier to mix it with my fingers)
Spread evenly over top of the apples
Drizzle maple syrup over the top
Bake in oven for 35 min until golden brown on top and apples are soft.
Serve warm with ice cream or cream on the side.
Enjoy..


Cheers!





1 comment:

  1. I tried your apple crisp recipe yesterday, and it was so yummy. I doubled the apples, and it still disappeared within minutes. I had to make it again today!

    ReplyDelete

Free Web Site Counter