" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

A Thyme for Fall

There are so many things I enjoy about fall.
The produce in season now are among my favourites, especially tomatoes, squash, and apples.
We are going apple picking on the weekend so I will be posting my Apple Crisp recipe next week.

My family adores fresh apple cider. I love its versatility.

When pork is marinated in cider it takes on the apple flavour quite nicely.

This can be grilled on the barbecue or in the oven.
Acorn squash and wild rice pairs beautifully with the pork tenderloin.


Happy Fall!


Apple Cinnamon Thyme Pork Tenderloin
  • 2 pork tenderloins
  • 1 cup apple cider
  • 1 tbsp thyme leaves
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pepper
In a resealable bag combine spices and cider.
Submerge pork in marinade seal bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat grill or oven to 375F
Remove pork from bag and place on grill or in a shallow roasting pan in the oven.

Cook until internal temperature reaches 155F, about 25 minutes.

Bring marinade to a boil in a small saucepan for 5 minutes.
Baste tenderloin frequently during cooking.
Let stand 5 minutes then thickly slice and serve with remaining marinade poured over top.


Wine Suggestion: Riesling

Cheers!










1 comment:

  1. I baked some squash on Sunday night, and I didn't tell anyone. I brought it to work and ate it all by myself. That's how much I love squash!! MMmm. I look forward to your apple crisp recipe. I have tried many recipes and I am not really partial to any.

    ReplyDelete

Free Web Site Counter